“Acrylic Poppies” will be the subject of the latest Wine & Designs workshop from 6 to 9 p.m. Wednesday at the Lakeville Area Arts Center, 20965 Holyoke Av.
This summer, the center is also offering hand-building ceramics workshops in which instructors will walk participants through step-by-step instructions.
The “Poppies” event costs $36 and is for adults 21 and over. The price includes supplies and two glasses of wine.
To register, call 952-985-4640. For more information, go to http://www.ci.lakeville.mn.us/ and click on “Lakeville Area Arts Center.”
Jay and Tammy variety music
Texas musicians Jay and Tammy will bring their music to the Lakeville Area Arts Center at 7:30 p.m. Friday.
The show costs $12.50. The center is at 20965 Holyoke Av. To buy tickets, call 952-985-4640.
Heart of the City music festival
South metro residents can rock out at the New Spaces Heart of the City Music Festival on Sunday nights starting June 28 and continuing through Aug. 2 at Nicollet Commons Park, 12600 Nicollet Av. S.
The shows, from 7 to 8:30 p.m., are free and family-friendly. The lineup includes:
• June 28: Lee Engele and Reynold Philipsek (jazz).
• July 5: Smorgasboard (polka).
• July 12: Northern Winds Band (symphonic band).
• July 19: Xibaba (Brazilian, jazz and world music).
• July 26: Dirty Shorts Brass Band (New Orleans style brass band).
• Aug. 2: The Mancouche Jazz Hot Club (jazz).
Puppet wagon makes summer rounds
The Eagan puppet wagon will be performing at various sites starting Monday and continuing through early to mid-August. Shows are 15 to 25 minutes long and continue a lesson and theme that changes each week. The shows include dancing, music and crowd participation.
In case of bad weather, the shows will be canceled and not rescheduled. For up-to-date weather information, call 651-675-5511.
All shows start precisely at the designated time.
Here’s the schedule:
June 8 to Aug. 14
• Mondays at 10 a.m. at Trapp Farm Park, 841 Wilderness Run Road.
June 15 to Aug. 3
• Mondays at 11:45 a.m. at Market Square, 750 Main St., in Mendota Heights.
• Tuesdays at 10 a.m. at Quarry Park, 3340 Coachman Road, and 11:15 a.m. at Blackhawk Park, 1629 Murphy Pkwy.
• Wednesdays at 10 a.m. at Sky Hill Park, 3590 Blue Cross Road, and 11:15 a.m. at Rahn Park, 4425 Sandstone Dr.
• Thursdays at 10 a.m. at O’Leary Park, Duckwood Trail and Duckwood Dr., and 11:15 a.m. at Goat Hill Park, 4391 Lexington Av.
• Fridays at 10 a.m. at Goat Hill Park, and 11:15 a.m. at Bridgeview Park, 3994 Cedar Grove Pkwy.