St. Paul Parks and Recreation is inviting community groups and other volunteers interested in helping beautify the city to register for the 30th Annual Citywide Spring Cleanup on Saturday, April 23. Cleanup will be from 9:00am – 11:30am.
“We have had spectacular weather this spring and we are pleased to see so many people out enjoying our parks and trails,” said St. Paul Parks and Recreation Director Mike Hahm. “An increase in outdoor activity also means an increase in trash, however. We are hoping for a big turnout at our 30th Annual Citywide Spring Cleanup this Saturday and we encourage everyone to participate, even if you can only spare a half-hour of your time.”
Those who want to volunteer can register at www.stpaul.gov/citywidecleanup. Pre-registration is encouraged, but not required.
Seven meetup sites hosted by various local organizations will be stationed throughout the city. Volunteers can drop by anytime between 9:00am – 11:30am to register and pick up their equipment and refreshments. The sites and site hosts are as follows:
- Harriet Island Regional Park– Conservation Corps of Minnesota
- Hamline Park – Friends of Hamline Park
- Swede Hollow Park – Northern Tier Family of Companies
- Como Dockside – Como Dockside, Right Track with Genesys Works, and Como Park High School Academy of Finance
- Phalen Regional Park Picnic Pavilion – Saint Paul Jaycees
- Highland Picnic Pavilion – College Nannies & Tutors
- Frogtown Park & Farm – Frogtown Green
Youth Outdoors will host “The Timeline of Trash” activity at several sites. Volunteers are encouraged to participate in “The Timeline of Trash” to learn more about the environmental effects of litter and to win a Chinook Book, compliments of Whole Foods.
For more information, visit www.stpaul.gov/citywidecleanup.