One famous No. 23 (Maya Moore) mirrored another famous No. 23 (Michael Jordan) when she made the winning basket in Game 3 of the WNBA Finals on Friday night. Notice:
• They both create open looks, even though everyone knows they are getting the ball.
• The righthanded release at the top of the jump shot.
• The squared-up shoulders and the concentration on the basket.
• The absolute calm despite the precious ticks remaining.
• The flailing and helpless defender (sorry, Marissa Coleman; sorry, Bryon Russell).
• The crowd awaiting the inevitable.
More about the Jordan photo: Taken from Game 1 of the 1997 NBA Finals, when his buzzer-beater gave the Chicago Bulls an 84-82 win over the Utah Jazz in Salt Lake City.