Baby boomers are refusing to accept the terms once used to define aging. That’s why marketers and health care providers are struggling to come up with new terms. Here are some of the ones being tried:
• People don’t want to live in a facility, they want to live in a community.
• They’d rather seek help from a concierge than a social worker.
• Who wouldn’t choose a limo ride over a senior citizen van?
• Adult day services sounds less demeaning than adult day care.
• Instead of a therapist, why not find a life coach?
• An elder is someone who is wise, while a senior citizen is just plain old.