North metro motorists are in for another major closure this weekend as the Minnesota Department of Transportation shuts down both directions of Interstate 694/94 through Brooklyn Center, Brooklyn Park and Maple Grove as part of a bridge deck replacement project.
In the southwest metro, work on the Southwest light-rail line will force drivers on Hwy. 212 in Eden Prairie to find a new route.
And in the east metro, the final weekend of closures on Hwy. 52 is on tap, with the northbound lanes to be shut down through St. Paul and Inver Grove Heights.
Meanwhile, new bus schedules will go into effect on several transit routes on Saturday, and a new route debuts in the east metro. Route 323, replacing part of Route 63, will run from the Sun Ray Shopping Center to the Woodbury Theatre park-and-ride and Woodbury Village shopping center.
Here is where drivers will find closures this weekend:
1. Interstate 694/94, Brooklyn Center, Brooklyn Park, Maple Grove: Both directions will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday between Hwy. 169 and Hwy. 252. The ramp from westbound I-94/I-694 to southbound Hwy. 100 remains closed until Sept. 2.
2. Interstate 94, Minneapolis: Westbound lanes closed from 4 a.m. to noon Sunday between Hwy. 280 and Cedar Avenue.
3. Hwy. 212, Eden Prairie: Eastbound lanes closed from 7 p.m. Friday through 10 p.m. Tuesday between I-494 and Hwy. 62; westbound lanes closed from 3 p.m. Saturday to 10 p.m. Tuesday.
4. Hwy. 52, St. Paul and Inver Grove Heights: Northbound lanes closed from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday between I-494 and Plato Boulevard.
5. Interstate 94, Maple Grove to Clearwater: Lane shifts and nighttime lane closures between the I-494/694/94 interchange and Hwy. 24.
6. Hwy. 12, Orono, Independence and Maple Plain: Closed between County Road 6 and County Road 92 through Sept. 17.
Tim Harlow • 612-673-7768