Bemidji earns rare bid
• BEMIDJI 2, MOORHEAD 0: The Lumberjacks earned their first berth in the state tournament since 1986 with the victory in the Class 2A, Section 8 championship game in Thief River Falls on Wednesday night. Lumberjacks goalie Grant Tharaldson finished with 29 saves.
• MAHTOMEDI 7, SOUTH ST. PAUL 0: Kellen Campbell scored three goals and Jared Fladebo scored two goals to lead the Zephyrs past the Packers in the Class 1A, Section 4 semifinals. The Zephyrs will meet St. Paul Academy, which defeated St. Paul Johnson, 7-1, in the other semifinal, for the section title.
• STILLWATER 3, WHITE BEAR LAKE 2 (2OT): Simon Sagissor’s goal 7 minutes, 16 seconds into the second overtime lifted the Ponies to Class 2A, Section 4 semifinal victory. The Ponies, who had a goal waived off late in the first overtime, will meet Hill-Murray on Friday for the section championship.
• HERMANTOWN 4, DULUTH MARSHALL 0: Ryan Kero scored two goals to help the Hawks, who have reached the Class 1A state championship game in each of the past five seasons, earn a return trip to the state tournament with the victory in the Section 7 championship game.
• NEW PRAGUE 2, NORTHFIELD 1: Ben Witt had a goal and assist to help the Trojans outlast the Raiders for the Class 1A, Section 1 title.