The 3-2 pitch
• Eduardo Nunez is a good fit for any team because of his speed and ability to fill in at three infield positions. But going to San Francisco, where manager Bruce Bochy is a postseason monster, couldn’t have been better for him.
• Jorge Polanco needs to play. A lot. He’s out of options next year, and the Twins still don’t know what they have in him.
• Hopefully Andrew Cashner turns things around with the Marlins. Too much talent going to waste.
...and two predictions
• The Astros will catch the Rangers in the AL West by Sept. 1.
• Andrew McCutchen is batting .246 with a .317 on-base percentage. He will average .280 with a .360 OBP over the final two months of the season.