Relatives console one another after the death of Eulalio Gonzalez-Sanchez. LIBOR JANY/Star Tribune

Authorities on Thursday charged a second man in connection with the fatal shooting in Northeast of a 37-year-old man as he walked home from the bus stop last fall, officials said.

Montrell Webster, who was 17 at the time of the shooting, was charged with first-degree murder with intent after confessing to the slaying, according to a criminal complaint filed Thursday in Hennepin County District Court.

The shooting happened in the early morning hours of Sept. 21 outside an apartment building at the corner of 22nd Avenue NE. and 7th Street, the complaint said. Webster, 18, the complaint says, admitted to robbing the victim, Eulalio Gonzalez Sanchez, of Minneapolis, as he walked home to an apartment he shared with his sister.

Authorities charged another man, Jeremiah Elijah Blackwell, 20, with second-degree murder last December after matching shell casings recovered from the scene to a .40-caliber Ruger pistol they found in Blackwell’s possession during a later traffic stop.

Webster was charged after admitting to the shooting during an interrogation earlier this week, authorities said. He reportedly told police that he shot Sanchez after ordering him to get on the ground and taking his wallet.

Webster is being held on $2 million bond. 

Relatives and friends described Sanchez, 37, who had moved to Minnesota from Mexico in the 2000s to be closer to his sister and nephew, as a homebody who worked two jobs to pay his share of the rent.