Alatus has released its latest designs for a 40-story luxury residential tower it plans to build across the Mississippi River from downtown Minneapolis. Those renderings, by ESG Architects, were submitted as part of an application to the Historic Preservation Commission to demolish several buildings, including a funeral home, on the site at 200 Central Avenue. Though the company, which has also built several luxury condo and apartment projects in the city, hasn't yet said whether the tower will be for sale condos or rental apartments, here's the latest on what they're planning:
- The tower will include three stories of underground parking, one level of retail and two stories of above ground parking in a podium.
- There will be one amenity level with an outdoor pool for residents, a small spa, a high-end fitness center, and common space available for family and business purposes The remaining 36 stories will be for residences.
- The ground floor level will contain about 6,000 square feet of retail space, most likley a high-end restaurant. The remainder of that space will be used for other retail uses, possibly a cycling studio or other fitness studio.
- There will be 240 to 290 residential units.
- The above-grade parking levels will be primary precast panels and the tower would be clad primarily in a glass curtain wall system.