Commuters on southbound Hwy. 100 experienced copious amounts of misery Thursday as a car fire and two separate at 50th Street crashed tangled traffic through Edina, St. Louis Park and Golden Valley. Backups extended up to north of Duluth Street.
Snow and high winds that are picking up are making road slippery and that combination is leading to a number of spinout and crashes. One driver slipped off the ramp from southbound 494 to eastbound 394 and landed within inches of a holding pond.
A stall inside the Lowry Hill Tunnel around 8:30 a.m. just cleared, but expect delays heading into downtown Minneapolis on eastbound 94.
Westbound 94 was a mess from Dale Street to Hiawatha Avenue due to a couple crashes near Hwy. 280. That trip at current is still at 17 minutes even through the activity has long cleared.
Here is the current list of problem spots:
- Westbound 94 at Hwy. 61 on the right shoulder
- Southbound 35E at County Road E where a vehicle went into the ditch
- Northbound 494 at Lake Road in Woodbury. A spinout is blocking the right shoulder
- Westbound 94 on the Brooklyn Center curve at Hwy. 252.
- Northbound 35W at Lake Street in Minneapolis. A stall is blocking the right shoulder.
- Eastbound 94 at Prior Avenue in St. Paul
- Westbound 94 to westbound 394 ramp