1. Yes, the Grammys were on CBS. But did we need the incessant pimping for other CBS shows and stars? We’re talking about Stephen Colbert, James Corden and the forever-dull forever Grammy Awards host LL NCIS J.
2. Why did the Weeknd, at right, perform in a tuxedo? That’s so Bruno Mars of him.
3. The last half-hour was such a bore with the Recording Academy CEO’s snore of a speech, the in-memoriam segment and an anti-climactic performance by Pitbull.
4. Even if it was John Legend, Demi Lovato, Luke Bryan, Meghan Trainor and Tyrese doing the honors, a Lionel Richie salute is about as exciting as, say, a Kenny Rogers tribute. Was this to appeal to seniors or to send the Gen X, Y and Zers to the bathroom?
5. Why did the sound fade in and out during performances by Adele, the Eagles and others? The Grammys are about recognizing audio achievement.
Jon Bream • Twitter: @jonbream