A crash involving up to four vehicles, including a Coon Rapids squad car, has been cleared and all lanes of westbound Hwy. 10 have reopened at University Avenue.
The wreck occurred around 9:15 a.m. Tuesday and had the highway shut down for about 35 minutes. There were no immediate word of injuries, but an ambulance was dispatched to the scene.
The crash was one of many across the metro as icy and snow-covered road made driving treacherous.
At 10 a.m., the State Patrol and MnDOT were reporting more than a dozen active crashes. Among the traffic tanglers is one on northbound 35W at 28th Street. Other crashes in progress include:
- Northbound Hwy. 52 at Southview Blvd.
- Northbound 35W at County Road 96
- Northbound 35W at 82nd Street in Bloomington
- Eastbound 494 at Prairie Center Drive in Eden Prairie
- Northbound Hwy. 169 at 49th Avenue in New Hope
- Eastbound Crosstown at Hwy. 169
- Eastbound 494 at Hwy. 52 in South St. Paul
- Southbound 35E at the ramp to westbound 94 in downtown St. Paul