The following theaters will screen the late pop star’s 1984 film “Purple Rain” this week.
• Theatres at the Mall of America: The movie screens for free Saturday at 5:20 p.m., 7:30 p.m. and 9:50 p.m.
• Target Field Station: Free “Purple Rain” viewing party at Target Field Station, just outside of the ballpark. Music at 6:30 p.m., movie at 8 p.m.
• St. Anthony Main: Sunday through Thursday, with four regularly-programmed shows per day for all five days — 1:05 p.m., 4:05 p.m., 7:05 p.m., 9:55 p.m.
• Uptown Theatre: April 29, midnight screening. Tickets here.
• Showplace Icon in St. Louis Park: Through May 5, 1:40 p.m., 4:20 p.m., 7 p.m. and 10 p.m. Tickets $6.50.
• Chanhassen Five Star Cinemas: This week only, starting Fri. Tickets here.
• Two of the country’s largest movie theater chains — AMC and Carmike — are bringing the 1984 film back to screens starting Sunday and running through Thursday.
All-night dance party: First Avenue will again host dance parties tonight and tomorrow night from 1:30 a.m.-7 a.m. (since they start after midnight, technically that’s Sat. and Sun.). No cover charge.
"Saturday Night Live" this week will be a show devoted to clips of Prince's musical performances. The title: "SNL Goodnight Sweet Prince."
Listen to the bells: Minneapolis City Hall tower bells will play Prince songs from 1-1:30 p.m. on Sunday.