What we know about Castile
• He would have turned 33 on July 16.
• He graduated from St. Paul Central High School in 2001.
• He started working for St. Paul Public Schools in 2002 at age 19.
• He started as a nutrition services assistant, working at Chelsea Heights Elementary and the former Arlington High School, which now is Washington Technology Magnet School.
• He was promoted to nutrition services supervisor at J.J. Hill Montessori Magnet School in August 2014. There, he served meals to more than 500 kids twice a day and was remembered for his patience and friendly demeanor.
• Colleagues described him as a team player who maintained great relationships with staff and students alike and one who had a cheerful disposition.
• Minnesota court records show Castile has been found guilty of 31 misdemeanors and petty misdemeanors. They include driving without proof of insurance, driving after revocation, driving after suspension, failure to wear a seat belt and parking violations.