Blessed Trinity plans dance and auction
Blessed Trinity Catholic School’s all-ages SnoBall dance, dinner and auction will be held on the school’s Penn Campus on Saturday, Jan. 31.
Doors will open at 6 p.m., with music ending at 10 p.m. All are welcome for dinner, dancing, bidding and fun.
Tickets at the door will cost $25 per family or $15 per person. A homemade pasta dinner will be available for purchase for $5. Senior tickets will be sold for $8, which will include the cost of the pasta dinner.
Silent-auction bidding will end at 8:30 p.m.
Catholic United’s Catholic schools raffle tickets will be sold. Chances are $5 apiece, with $45,000 in prizes.
Call 612-866-6906 or go to www.btcsmn.org for more information or to buy tickets in advance.
Kindergarten sign-up events coming up
The Bloomington School District will host kindergarten registration events for families with children ready to attend kindergarten in the 2015-16 school year.
Each of the district’s 10 elementary schools will offer an opportunity to meet principals and kindergarten teachers, visit classrooms and tour the school. Event dates and times follow:
• Hillcrest Community School: Feb. 3, 4:15 to 5:30 p.m.
• Indian Mounds Elementary School: Jan. 29, 5 to 7 p.m.
• Normandale Hills Elementary School: Jan. 27, 5:30 to 7 p.m.
• Oak Grove Elementary School: Jan. 27, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
• Olson Elementary School: Jan. 29, 6 to 8 p.m.
• Poplar Bridge Elementary School: Jan. 27, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
• Ridgeview Elementary School: Jan. 22, 6 to 8 p.m.
• Valley View Elementary School: March 19, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
• Washburn Elementary School: Jan. 27, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
• Westwood Elementary School: Jan. 29, 6 to 8 p.m.
Minnehaha Academy to hold open houses
Minnehaha Academy will hold a pair of admission events, one on Thursday, Jan. 22, at its lower and middle school, and the other on Monday, Jan. 26, at its upper school. The events will provide an overview of the schools and will include teachers, administrators, parents and students.
Thursday’s event, for students from prekindergarten through grade 8, will begin at 6:45 p.m. at 4200 W. River Pkwy., Minneapolis. Monday’s, for grades 9 to 12, also will start at 6:45 p.m. and will take place at 3100 W. River Pkwy., Minneapolis.
The school invites attendees to arrange to return during a school day for an individual tour or shadow visit.
For information, contact the admissions office at 612-728-7756 or admission@MinnehahaAcademy.net. There is no need to RSVP for the events.