Motorists in Minneapolis just can't catch a break and will have to endure another weekend with a freeway closure.
The northbound lanes of Interstate 35W will be closed from the Crosstown to downtown Minneapolis and the southbound lanes from downtown to 46th Street will be closed Friday night through Monday morning to allow crews to demolish the 26th Street bridge.
That will make it tough on east-west drivers as bridges at Franklin Avenue and 38th Street also are out of commission, too. The official detour takes drivers to Portland Avenue to Lake St. to 1st Avenue.
Expect big crowds, heavy traffic and street closings in the area of 50th and France as the Edina Art Fair takes place Friday through Sunday. Over in St. Paul, Grand Old Day will draw as many as 250,000 people who turn out for the annual street party stretching from Dale Street to Fairview Avenue.
Be sure to buckle up. Law enforcement also is continuing its "Click-It or Ticket" campaign targeting motorists who are not wearing their seat belts.
Here is your road construction round up:
1. Interstate 94: Ramps from eastbound I-394 to westbound I-94 and the ramp from northbound Lyndale Avenue to westbound I-94 closed. Ramp from westbound I-94 to Hwy. 55 closed.
2. Franklin Avenue: Bridge is closed over I-35W through at least mid-June.
3. Interstate 35W: From 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday, northbound lanes closed from Crosstown to Interstate 94. Southbound closed from Interstate 94 to 46th Street.
4. Penn Avenue N.: Three closures related to construction of the C-Line bus rapid transit line are in place: 26th to Lowry avenues, 17th to 21st avenues and 12th to 14th avenues.
5. University Avenue: Closed between Lowry Avenue NE. and 32nd Avenue NE.
6. Hennepin Avenue: Closed between 31st and 36th streets.
7. Crosstown Hwy. 62: Westbound reduced to a single lane at 34th Avenue and 34th Avenue bridge over Hwy. 62 closed.
8. Wabasha Street: Closed from Plato Boulevard to Cesar Chavez Street due to a rock slide.
9. Snelling Avenue: Lane restrictions between Randolph Avenue and Ford Parkway.
10. Hwy. 149/Smith Avenue: The High Bridge over the Mississippi River is closed until December.
11. Interstate 35 in Forest Lake: Northbound reduced to two lanes from Hwy. 97 to Hwy. 8.
12. Hwy. 10 in Elk River: Eastbound reduced to one lane and westbound to two lanes, and sometimes one lane, between Joplin Street and Upland Avenue. Periodic lane closures in both directions from Hwy. 101 to Thurston Avenue.
13. Hwy. 169 in Champlin: Single-lane traffic in both directions between Hwy. 610 and East Hayden Lake Road.
14. Hwy. 50 in Farmington: Single lane between Hwys. 3 and 52. Flagging operations will occur between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily through late August.
15. 66th Street in Richfield: Closed to through traffic between Girard and Xerxes avenues S. The project extends from Xerxes Avenue on the west end to 16th Avenue South on the east end.
16. Hwy. 3 in Inver Grove Heights: Closed in both directions between Rich Valley Boulevard and Hwy. 55.
17. Hwy. 7 in St. Louis Park: Alternating lane closures from Louisiana Avenue to I-494.
18 Hwy. 41 in Chaska: Single lane in the vicinity of Hundertmark Road.