The Major League Baseball All-Star game has grabbed most of the headlines, what with 14 road closures that will be in place at various time starting Friday and lasting through Tuesday. Here is my post from Thursday with a rundown of events and associated road closures. Those events also will put several Metro Transit routes on detour.
But that is not the only event that will bring out the road closed and detour signs. We've got the Basilica Block Party, the LifeTime Fitness Triathlon at Lake Nokomis, several community festivals such as Hopkins Raspberry Fest and Whiz Bang Days in Robbinsdale, and the Dragon Boat Races at Lake Phalen in St. Paul.
Road work continues with the shut down of Hwy. 100 in Brooklyn Center.
Basilica Block Party road closures
These streets will be closed Friday and Saturday for the annual music extravaganza featuring music on three stages.
- N. 16th Street from Hennepin Avenue to Linden Avenue
- Laurel Avenue from 16th Street to 15th Street.
- Hawthorne Avenue from 15th Street to Lyndale Avenue.
- Linden Avenue from Lyndale Avenue to the I-394 entrance ramp.
- N. 15th Street from Linden Avenue to Chestnut Avenue.
Lifetime Fitness Triathlon and Expo
A number of Minneapolis parkways will be closed from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday as athletes bike, swim and run their way to the finish line of the LifeTime Fitness Triathlon. The epicenter of activity is Lake Nokomis in south Minneapolis. These parkways will be blocked off: All of Nokomis Parkway, West River Parkway, all of the roads that ring Lake Harriet, Historic Main Street and the Stone Arch Bridge, and West River Parkway and Nicollet Island.
Dragon Boat Races at Lake Phalen
No specific road closures will be in place, but look for lots of pagentry and traffic on Hwy. 61 and road near Lake Phalen in St. Paul.
Now, onto road work.
Hwy. 100 in Brooklyn Center
MnDOT is replacing the Brooklyn Blvd. bridge over Hwy. 100 and this weekend the old structure is coming down. As a result, detours will be in effect for both Hwy. 100 and Brooklyn Blvd. Here is what's closed and how you will be detoured:
- Northbound Hwy 100 will be detoured to westbound I-394, northbound Hwy 169 and eastbound I-694.
- Southbound Hwy 100 will use the exit and entrance ramps at Brooklyn Boulevard to bypass the closure.
- Westbound County Road 152/Brooklyn Boulevard will be detoured to northbound Hwy 100, westbound County Road 10/Bass Lake Road.
- Eastbound County Road 152/Brooklyn Boulevard will be detoured to eastbound County Road 10/Bass Lake Road, southbound County Road 57/Humboldt Avenue, westbound 49th Street.