Vikings at Oakland
3:05 p.m. Sunday
TV: Ch. 9
Radio: 100.3-FM, 1130-AM
About the Raiders (4-4)
• The Raiders erased a 35-21 fourth-quarter deficit in a 10-minute stretch Sunday at Pittsburgh, but lost 38-35 on an 18-yard field goal with 2 seconds left. The Steelers had 597 yards of total offense.
• Since going to the Super Bowl during the 2002 season, the Raiders have lost at least 11 games 10 times and still have not returned to the playoffs.
• RB Latavius Murray is sixth in the NFL with 630 rushing yards, but he suffered a concussion Sunday.
• WR Amari Cooper, the fourth overall pick in the 2015 draft, has 43 receptions for 653 yards and four TDs.
• The Raiders are last in the NFL in pass defense (314.6 yards per game) and 30th in overall defense. They are eighth in total offense.
Player speak QB Derek Carr
• Carr, in his second season out of Fresno State, has emerged as one of the NFL’s top statistical quarterbacks this season. He is the younger brother (by 14 years) of David Carr, a former No. 1 pick who played 12 NFL seasons.
• On Cooper: “Great route runner, crazy explosive, I don’t think his 40 time does him justice, he’s a lot faster than that. When he puts the pads on, I think he could run his 40 time with pads on the same way. It’s crazy how explosive that guy is.”
• On the Vikings’ defensive pressure: “They come with different looks. They have different looks that they like, that Coach Zimmer has done for a long time, and I know that he has other things rolled up his sleeve that he’ll want to unleash, so you have to be ready.”
Coach Speak Jack Del Rio
• Del Rio, who played linebacker in Minnesota from 1992-95 and led the team in tackles three straight years, is in his first season as Raiders coach. His staff includes former Vikings player and coach Mike Tice (offensive line coach) and former Vikings offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave, who holds the same position with the Raiders.
• On the defensive disaster in Pittsburgh: “We’ve got to be much better at shedding blocks, we’ve got to be better at leveraging and tackling. Some of the basic fundamentals that we’ve done fairly well most of the year got away from us Sunday and we had a rough day.”
• On Cooper: “He has been very humble, he’s come in and worked very hard from Day 1.”