From the Podium
The Vikings are stacked at wide receiver with young talent, but the fifth receiver spot is up for grabs. While fan favorite and Minnesota State Mankato product Adam Thielen has performed well this offseason, undrafted free agent Kain Colter received praise from offensive coordinator Norv Turner. Colter is making the transition to wide receiver after playing quarterback at Northwestern.
“He has a lot of work to do too learn how to play receiver, but if he doesn’t make it, it’s not because it’s lack of effort,” Turner said. “He is working, he is studying, it’s a big transition to go from quarterback to receiver, but you know I really like the way he has approached it right now.''
“I haven’t seen one 84 jersey out there, though. I don’t think they really know who I am. I feel like this year I got to work harder than I did last year and make more jerseys out there because I’ve only seen about one out there. I need more than one out there. I need two next year.”
— Wide receiver Cordarrelle Patterson on if he’s a fan favorite
• CB Captain Munnerlyn (hamstring) was activated off the physically unable to perform list but still was limited at practice.
• S Robert Blanton (hamstring) did not participate after suffering the injury Monday.
• S Andrew Sendejo (back and ankle) is expected to be activated off the PUP list and practice early next week.
• TE AC Leonard (headache) left during practice with a towel wrapped around his neck.
• TE Chase Ford (foot) ditched the crutches and cast Tuesday and now has his left foot in a walking boot. There’s still no timetable for his return.
Schedule: Three days out
Thursday: 10:30-11:30 a.m.; 3-5:10 p.m.
Friday: 10:30-11:30 a.m.; 3-5:10 p.m.
Saturday: 10:30-11:30 a.m.; 7:30-9:30 p.m.