Former Minnesota State, Mankato players Kelvin Rodgers (cornerback) and Adrian Battles (offensive tackle) will be at Winter Park this weekend for tryouts during the Vikings' three-day rookie camp, according to Chad Courier of the Mankato Free Press.
The 6-foot, 180-pound Rodgers averaged 11.7 yards with one touchdown on punt returns last season and 23.8 yards with one touchdown on kick returns. He had four touchdowns on kick returns and three on punt returns in his career. Rodgers also had three interceptions, returning one for a touchdown, and a fumble recovery on which he scored while playing cornerback.
Battles is 6-3, 308 pounds and started 43 of 46 games the past four seasons.
Here is a partial list of the players who reportedly will be trying out:
- C Eddie Adamski, Northern Illinois
- OL Jake Arthur, South Dakota
- OT Adrian Battles, Minnesota State, Mankato
- LB Elijah Hodge, Northern Iowa
- DT Wes Lane, Northern Iowa
- RB Derrick Law, Northern Iowa
- LB Jaevery McFadden, Wisconsin
- DE Barrett Moen, Minnesota
- OL Bill Noethlich, Southwest Minnesota State
- QB Ryan Perrilloux, Jacksonville (Alabama) State
- RB Tyler Roehl, North Dakota State
- CB Kelvin Rodgers, Minnesota State, Mankato
- CB Marcus Sherels, Minnesota
- LB Zach Watkins, Washburn (Kansas)
- DB Matt Winney, Wisconsin-La Crosse