BOYS' BASKETBALLLakeville North survives late scare
• LAKEVILLE NORTH 66, PRIOR LAKE 65: A last-second Lakers' shot bounced off the backboard and the front rim, but dribbled out to give the Class 4A, No. 8 Panthers the slim victory over Prior Lake on Tuesday night. JP Maruca finished with 37 points for Lakeville North in the road victory. Carson Shanks led the Lakers' comeback attempt with 15 points.
• ST. PAUL CENTRAL 53, ST. PAUL JOHNSON 49: Before this game, Johnson hadn't lost a St. Paul City Conference game since early 2008. Central snapped the Governors' 55-game league winning streak in dramatic fashion, pulling out a tight victory in front of a home crowd. Markus Taylor-Knighten had 19 points and 18 rebounds for the Minutemen, who improved to 9-5 this season.
GIRLS' BASKETBALLDeLaSalle wins battle of past champions
• DELASALLE 54, PROVIDENCE ACADEMY 46: Class 3A, No. 2 DeLaSalle edged Providence in a meeting of defending state champions. Allina Starr had 18 points for the Islanders, while Leah Szabla and Taylor Finley each scored 15 apiece for Class 1A Providence. DeLaSalle is 8-0 in Tri-Metro play and 14-3 overall.
• EDINA 52, WAYZATA 42: No. 5 Edina pulled off a 10-point road victory over No. 9 Wayzata in a matchup of Class 4A powers. Senior MC McGrory had 29 points for the Hornets, who sit comfortably atop the Lake Conference and are 14-2 overall.
• COOPER 71, CHISAGO LAKES 57: Cooper became first-place team in the North Suburban Conference with a victory over the Wildcats. Bryanna Fernstrom's 18-point performance pushed her career point total over 1,000.
BOYS' HOCKEYHat tricks abound for Benilde-SM
• BENILDE-ST. MARGARET'S 9, ELK RIVER 1: Spencer Naas had a hat trick and so did Grant Besse with a pair of assists as well as the Class 2A, No. 4 Red Knights defeated the Class 2A, No. 13 Elks. Five Red Knights had multiple points, while Paul Lundberg and Andrew Sprang of Benilde-St. Margaret's combined to stop 19 of 20 Elks shots. Tim Sanford recorded the lone Elks' goal.
GIRLS' HOCKEYTop-ranked Wayzata wins in overtime
• WAYZATA 3, MINNETONKA 2 (OT): Kaitlyn Klein had a hat trick and her final goal for the Class 2A, No. 1 Trojans came at 2 minutes, 6 seconds of the extra period. Klein, Mara Dougherty, with two assists, and Stephanie Kirk, one assist, accounted for all of the Trojans' scoring. Sidney Morin and Laura Bowman each tallied single goals for the Class 2A, No. 5 Skippers.
• EAST RIDGE 2, WOODBURY 1: Jessica Hammer's goal at 12:03 of the third period was the clincher as the Raptors edged the Royals. For the Royals, Kaelan Geisser stoped 36 of 38 shots, and Kayla Falconer had the lone goal. Jaedyn Walz had the first goal for the Raptors.
• BENILDE-ST. MARGARET'S 6, IRONDALE 0: Abigail Miller had 15 saves and Kaylee Druk had two goals and an assist to lead the Class 2A, No. 4 Red Knights past the Knights. Kelly Pannek added a goal and an assist for Benilde-St. Margaret's, with Mekenzie Steffen chipping in two assists as well.
gymnasticsDuPay paves way for Northfield win
• NORTHFIELD 149.025, NEW PRAGUE 144.45: Led by Bailey DuPay, a sophomore who has established herself as the best all-around performer in prep gymnastics this winter, Class 2A Northfield beat Class 1A New Prague 149.025 to 144.45. Both teams were ranked No. 2 in their class. DuPay posted a state-best all-around score of 38.675 as the Raiders became the first team to score higher than 149 points this season.