Stillwater advances with come-from-behind victory
• SECTION 4: A two-goal second-period lead wasn’t enough for Cretin-Derham Hall to hold off Stillwater. The Ponies, down 3-1 in the second period, unloaded for four consecutive goals to win 5-3. Ali Biagini’s goal at 6:10 in the third period and Carlie Hart’s eventual game-winner — only 44 seconds later — sealed the comeback for Stillwater. Georgia Eger scored two goals for the Ponies, including the first and the last of the four-goal run.
• SECTION 2: Six different Hornets scored goals as Edina defeated Prior Lake 8-0. A 4-0 first-period lead ballooned in the final two frames as Riley Anderson and Laura Baker both scored two goals to lead Edina’s scoring onslaught. Boomer Sonnek stopped all 15 shots she saw.
• SECTION 5: Makayla Tilton stopped 19 of 20 shots and Katie Swarnstrom’s scored two goals as Blaine skated past Centennial 4-1. After a scoreless first period, the Bengals scored three unanswered goals in the second to take control of the game. ... Bailey Thompson and Sydney Brodt both scored goals as Mounds View held off Irondale 2-1. Mary Dingman saved 25 for the Mustangs.
• SECTION 3: Brittany Denn led an offensive explosion for New Ulm as it defeated Fairmont 14-4. Denn recorded five goals and three assists in the rout. The Eagles could not be stopped, shooting the puck 50 times in the game.
• SECTION 4: Alev Baysoy scored two goals — including the game-winner in OT — to lead St. Paul United over South St. Paul 3-2. Catherine Johnson was huge in net for United, stopping 33 of 35 shots.
• SECTION 5: Carly Bullock and Jordan Chancellor each scored two goals to lead Blake past Mound-Westonka 5-1. Anna Kruesel stopped 25 of the 26 shots she faced for the Bears. ... Grace Zumwinkle netted a hat-trick and Jenna Brenneman stopped 24 shots as Breck topped Princeton 6-2. The Mustangs jumped out to a 4-2 lead after two periods and wrapped it up with two more goals in the third, outshooting Princeton 45-24 in the game.
Hopkins beats Osseo
• HOPKINS 74, OSSEO 71: Five Royals finished in double figures — including John Warren and Amir Coffey, who each had 17 — as Hopkins topped Osseo. Down three points with 27 seconds left, Osseo turned the ball over twice and were unable to tie the score. Wheeler Baker scored a game-high 36 points for the Orioles, who were with out Jordan Dembley (16 points per game) and Ian Theisen (13 ppg).
• APPLE VALLEY 100, BURNSVILLE 63: Tyus Jones was at it again — scoring 26 points and recording his 1,000th career assist — as the Class 4A, No. 1-ranked Eagles defeated the Blaze. Jones finished with 11 assists and Brock Bertram put up 18 points for Apple Valley (21-1), which notched its 16th consecutive victory.
• CHANHASSEN 58, SHAKOPEE 56: Joey Witthus hit two clutch free throws in overtime to spark the Storm to victory over Shakopee. Witthus surpassed the 1,000 point milestone as a junior, scoring 18 points and hitting all eight free throws he shot, to push his career total to 1,008.
• DELASALLE 85, ST. PAUL ACADEMY 47: Reid Travis led all scorers with 20 points as Class 3A, No. 2-ranked DeLaSalle cruised to a victory over St. Paul Academy. Travis went 9-for-14 from the field and added 10 rebounds and four steals for the Islanders, who have now won 13 in a row.
Minnetonka beats Wayzata
• MINNETONKA 78, WAYZATA 51: The Class 4A, No. 5-ranked Skippers dominated behind the three-point line — making 14 triples — to defeat the Trojans. Minnetonka’s Caroline Shelquist connected on six three-pointers to finish with a game-high 20 points.
• CENTENNIAL 79, COON RAPIDS 48: Daizjah Morris and Jasmin Bretoi each scored 20 points as the Class 4A, No. 3-ranked Cougars rolled past the Cardinals. Centennial opened up a 46-19 halftime lead and never looked back, rolling to a tenth victory in the past 11 games. Morris had three steals, giving her 231 for her career and breaking the Centennial school record.
• EDINA 41, EDEN PRAIRIE 40: Edina overcame a three-point halftime deficit to hand Eden Prairie its third consecutive loss. Jill Morton had 14 points and Annika Jank had 12 for the Hornets.
• WACONIA 89, DELANO 85: Anna Schmitt scored her 1,000th point as Waconia defeated Delano. Schmitt scored 30 in the game, one point below her season average. Alex Wittinger scored a game-high 33 for Delano.
Prior Lake upsets Lakeville North
• PRIOR LAKE 1, LAKEVILLE NORTH 0: Tyler Bump scored the game’s only goal in the second period as the Lakers upset the Class 4A, No. 1-ranked Panthers. Lakers goalie Nick Vidmar stopped all 26 shots he faced.
• BLAINE 4, ANDOVER 0: Bailey Ketola stopped all 14 shots he faced and Riley Tufte recorded a goal and an assist to lead Blaine to a shutout victory over Andover.
• WAYZATA 9, TOTINO-GRACE 0: Brian Machut and Matthew Freytag both recorded hat tricks as the Trojans shut out the Eagles. Wayzata scored five goals in the second period and outshot Totino-Grace 33-9 in the game.