Another no-no for Minnehaha’s Pryor
• MINNEHAHA ACADEMY 5, BLAKE 0: John Pryor completed the trifecta. The senior lefthander pitched the first seven-inning no-hitter of his prep career in the Redhawks’ victory over the Bears in a Tri-Metro Conference matchup Tuesday at Blake High School. He previously had pitched a five-inning no-hitter and a six-inning no-hitter in his career. Pryor, who is 5-0 with a 0.00 ERA on the season, struck out 12 and walked two. He has signed to play baseball for Lipscomb. The victory clinched the fourth consecutive conference title for Minnehaha Academy (12-4), which is ranked No. 6 in Class 2A.
• CRETIN-DERHAM HALL 14, PARK OF COTTAGE GROVE 0: Senior first baseman Nick Lacina hit a three-run homer in the Raiders’ victory over the Wolfpack in the Suburban East.
• LAKEVILLE NORTH 9-11, ROSEMOUNT 6-0: Dalton Lehnen took matters into his own hands. The junior pitched a four-hit shutout with 11 strikeouts in the nightcap as the Panthers swept a doubleheader from the Irish in the South Suburban. He also had three hits, drove in three runs and scored twice. In the opener, junior A.J. Sayer went 4-for-4 with two RBI and two runs scored for the Panthers, who scored six runs in the first inning.
• NORTH ST. PAUL 8, ROSEVILLE 2: Senior Josh Marlowe went 3-for-3 and drove in four runs, leading the Polars past the Raiders in a nonconference matchup. Marlowe also scored two runs.
Maple Grove advances to semifinals
• SECTION 5: Maple Grove scored six times in the first inning, and went on to beat Champlin Park 8-4 in the quarterfinals. Senior Taylor Bratten had two hits while seniors Breanna Besel and Michelle Gorsett each drove in two runs for the top-seeded Crimson.
MV’s Gallagher, East Ridge earn titles
• SUBURBAN EAST: Ryan Gallagher of Mounds View fired a 4-under-par 68 to earn medalist honors in the 10-team meet at Indian Hills Golf Club in Stillwater. East Ridge won the team title by six strokes over Hastings.