BASEBALLDeCovich, Eastview shut out Burnsville
• EASTVIEW 2, BURNSVILLE 0: Evan DeCovich shut out the Class 3A, No. 1 and defending state champion Blaze on two hits Monday in a battle of South Suburban Conference powers in Apple Valley. DeCovich, a senior righthander, struck out eight and walked none. Tenth-ranked Eastview (13-4) scored its two runs on a wild pitch and fielder's choice. It is the first time Burnsville (16-2) has been shut out since the 2008 season. The Lightning were also the last team to shut out Burnsville, 7-0 on May 5, 2008.
• EDINA 4, HOPKINS 2: Junior Mitch Larson was steady on the mound for the Hornets, giving up three hits in a complete-game victory. Sophomore Stephen Kalina led Edina at the plate with a two-run home run.
• MAYER LUTHERAN 7, LESTER PRAIRIE/HOLY TRINITY 6: Cole Buttenhoff delivered a run-scoring double in the bottom of the eighth inning, plating Sam Koch from first base as the Crusaders outlasted the Bulldogs in a nonconference matchup.
• NORTH ST. PAUL 4, TARTAN 0: Senior Trevor Buttermore and junior Sam Shipstad combined on a two-hit shutout for the Polars against the Titans in the Classic Suburban. Buttermore struck out 13 in six innings.
• RICHFIELD 8, HENRY SIBLEY 7: Junior Camren Dearing earned the victory on the mound, and drove in the game-winning run in the 12th inning for the Spartans against the Warriors in the Classic Suburban.
SOFTBALLEvavold homer wins game for Jefferson
• BLOOMINGTON JEFFERSON 2, LAKEVILLE SOUTH 1: Junior Hannah Evavold belted a go-ahead solo home run in the top of the ninth inning, lifting the Jaguars over the Cougars in South Suburban Conference play.
• BURNSVILLE 2, APPLE VALLEY 1: In a South Suburban matchup that featured two complete eight-inning pitching performances, Burnsville's Shannon Callanan prevailed. The junior allowed three hits while striking out 11. The Blaze outhit Apple Valley 12-3.
• EDEN PRAIRIE 6, MINNETONKA 0: Kallie Nichols continued her dominant ways for the Eagles, pitching a two-hit shutout in the Lake victory. The senior hasn't given up an earned run in 21 consecutive innings.
• MAPLE GROVE 3, COON RAPIDS 0: Senior Cayli Sadler threw a one-hit shutout with 13 strikeouts as the Crimson shut out the Cardinals in the Northwest Suburban.
• PARK OF COTTAGE GROVE 9, CRETIN-DERHAM HALL 8: The Wolfpack prevailed in the Suburban East on eighth-grader Gwen Warling's two-out single. Junior Mary Turitto drilled a three-run home run for Park in the third inning.
• SPRING LAKE PARK 6, NORTH BRANCH 3: Freshman Kati Thunborg guided the Panthers to victory in the North Suburban with a two-run single in the top of the eighth inning.
• ST. FRANCIS 4, BENILDE-ST. MARGARET'S 3: Taylor Snelling's game- winning hit scored Caitlin Luby in eighth inning, lifting the Saints over the Red Knights in the North Suburban.
• VISITATION 7, NEW LIFE ACADEMY 6: Anne Debertin delivered a game-winning walk-off hit, lifting the Blazers over the Eagles in nonconference play. Debertin had three hits in the game. Sarah Leach, who scored the winning run, went 3-for-4.
BOYS' GOLFA week after an ace, Westerberg wins again
• MISSOTA CONFERENCE: Red Wing senior Blake Westerberg carded a 3-under-par 69, winning the eight-team conference meet at Chaska Town Course. Last week, Westerberg shot an even-par 71, including a hole-in-one, to earn medalist honors at the River Oaks Golf Course. He aced the par-3, 158-yard fourth hole.
GIRLS' GOLFKuenster fires 69, wins Suburban East
• SUBURBAN EAST CONFERENCE: Cretin-Derham Hall sophomore Celia Kuenster shot a 3-under-par 69, winning the 10-team conference meet at the Hastings County Club. Stillwater won the team title with a 341. Kuenster shared the Class 3A championship with Stillwater senior Cassie Deeg a year ago.