You can improve your health by standing for part of the day. Here are some ways to work more standing time into your day.
• Take the bus and stand for most — or all — of the ride.
• At work, walk to a co-worker’s desk for face-to-face meetings, rather than sending an e-mail.
• Take regular standing breaks. You may want to use an app, such as StandApp, which sends an alerts when it’s break time.
• Get up when the phone rings and stay up for the entire conversation.
• Banish the couch during TV time. Do standing stretches, walk on a treadmill or ride a stationary bike instead.