Cambridge-Isanti rolls after break
• SECTION 7: Cambridge-Isanti claimed a 59-31 victory over Duluth East in the first round of the section tournament Thursday night. Cambridge-Isanti outscored the Greyhounds 31-9 in the second half. Justine Larson led the Bluejackets with 15 points while Lily Porta added 14. Mia Anderson led Duluth East with 11 points. … Forest Lake's Anna Eckert was perfect from the free-throw line, going 8-for-8, and finished with 16 points as the Rangers downed St. Francis 69-36. Bailey Norby added 14 points and five assists for the Rangers.
• SECTION 5: Osseo prevailed 55-53 in overtime over fourth-seeded Cooper. Kiara Russell led the Orioles with 16 points, and Lemia Ntor-Ue added 12. Laurie Bohler scored 18 points for the Hawks. … Champlin Park scored 53 first-half points to cruise past Irondale 76-42. Alexis Alexander and Hanna Crymble each scored 13 points to lead the Rebels. Delaney Kohler scored a game-high 16 points for the Knights … Maple Grove shrugged off a second-half Mounds View run to win 69-58. Kaela Jones and Mackenzie Barta each scored a team-high 16 points to lead the Crimson. Jacky Volkert scored 16 points for the Mustangs.
• SECTION 3: Andrayah Adams finished with 32 points for St. Paul Como Park as the Cougars rode a 17-point halftime lead to hold off fifth-seeded St. Anthony 59-41. Kelly Lawson led the Huskies with 15 points. … Top-seeded Park Center scored 59 points in the first half and saw four players finish in double figures in an 89-48 victory over eighth-seeded St. Paul Johnson. Wisconsin recruit Cayla McMorris finished with 24 points for the Pirates. Lauryn Smith scored 21 points for Johnson. … Nine players scored for Totino-Grace as the Eagles routed their intracity rival Fridley 70-50. Sydney Borys finished with 19 points for the Eagles while Gabby Eisfelder added 15. Brooke Teff and Suzanne Gilreath each scored 20 points for the Tigers.
• SECTION 4: Simley ran out to a 14-point halftime lead and held off South St. Paul to win 44-31 in the first round of the section tournament. … Hill-Murray made quick work of St. Paul Highland Park, winning 76-31. Lindsey Malecha scored 19 points and Ellie Schwartz added 16 for the Pioneers. Seven players scored for the Scots, none of whom finished in double figures.
• SECTION 4: Rashonna Thomas scored 25 points and was the only player for Columbia Heights in double figures as the Hylanders took down Minneapolis Roosevelt 65-47 in the first round. Lazhanique Bryant led the 11th-seeded Teddies with 23 points. … St. Paul Humboldt made it to the free-throw line 30 times and knocked down 22, sending the Hawks to a 70-55 victory over St. Croix Prep. Shay Akis scored 16 points to lead Humboldt.
• SECTION 4: Jordyn Stromback scored 18 points to lead West Lutheran over Cristo Rey Jesuit 66-34 in the first round of the section tournament. Kasaundra Lyons led Cristo Rey with 12 points.
Buffalo prevails in five overtimes
• SECTION 8: It took five overtimes, but Buffalo reached the state tournament with an 83-75 victory over St. Cloud Tech at Monticello High School. Buffalo was led by Chris Ortmann and Levi Bean, who each finished with 22 points. Andy Foley scored a game-high 29 points for St. Cloud Tech.
• SECTION 5: Orono went on a 17-5 second-half run to upend Delano 56-41 in the section championship game at St. Cloud State's Halenbeck Hall. Andy Ten Eyck led the Spartans with eight points, eight rebounds and six assists. Damon Longstreet finished with seven points and 16 rebounds for Delano.