• WAYZATA 3, HOLY FAMILY 1: Matthew Freytag scored two goals and Jack Sorensen had one goal and an assist to lead the Trojans, ranked No. 1 in Class 2A, past the Fire. Freytag's second goal, at 5:21 of the third period, gave the Trojans a 3-1 lead.
• MINNETONKA 4, EDINA 3: Minnetonka goalie Jacob Berger had 24 saves to help the Skippers, ranked No. 6 in Class 2A, outlast the Hornets, ranked No. 2 in Class 2A. Edina outshot the Skippers 27-16. A.J. Klein and Tommy Brandabur scored about three minutes apart early in the second period to give the Skippers a 4-2 lead.
• BENILDE-ST. MARGARET'S 11, ROCHESTER CENTURY 0: T.J. Moore had a hat trick and Grant Besse had two goals and two assists to lead the Red Knights, ranked No. 4 in Class 2A, to a nonconference victory. Besse, who scored his 29th and 30th goals of the season, moved into fifth on the state's all-time goal-scoring list with his 144th and 145th career goals, surpassing Red Wing great Johnny Pohl. Dan Lobosky had five assists for the Red Knights.
• BRECK 8, ST. PAUL JOHNSON 0: Thomas Lindstrom scored three goals and Matt Colford contributed a goal and three assists to lead the Mustangs, ranked No. 3 in Class 1A, to the nonconference victory over the Governors.
• CENTENNIAL 8, ARMSTRONG 0: Hans Gorowsky scored three goals and Ryner Gorowsky had a goal and four assists to lead the Cougars, ranked No. 8 in Class 2A, to the Northwest Suburban Conference victory.
• TOTINO-GRACE 5, CHISAGO LAKES 4: Kai Barber had two goals and Derek Lodermeier had a goal and two assists to help the Eagles, ranked No. 4 in Class 1A, rally for the victory over the Wildcats. Totino-Grace trailed 4-2 early in the third period before Carter Roo, Barber and Lodermeier scored in a six-minute span to give the Eagles the lead. Totino-Grace outshot the Wildcats 52-28.
More from Star Tribune
More From Sports
In their words, some Midwesterners who hunt and paddle and trail-run and more on their love for fall.
Nico Rosberg is back where his Formula One championship chase run effectively began, knowing he is well on his way to his first career title if he gets another win in Mexico.
Dwyane Wade got the ball in the corner, took a dribble to his left and stepped back for the dagger 3-pointer.
Biggest schools begin football playoffs looking for a chance at one more game
DAVID AND JIM’S PREP PICKS: 6A Edition It’s all Class 6A Friday night, with all 32 teams in action in first-round play. Most of the…