• WAYZATA 3, HOLY FAMILY 1: Matthew Freytag scored two goals and Jack Sorensen had one goal and an assist to lead the Trojans, ranked No. 1 in Class 2A, past the Fire. Freytag's second goal, at 5:21 of the third period, gave the Trojans a 3-1 lead.
• MINNETONKA 4, EDINA 3: Minnetonka goalie Jacob Berger had 24 saves to help the Skippers, ranked No. 6 in Class 2A, outlast the Hornets, ranked No. 2 in Class 2A. Edina outshot the Skippers 27-16. A.J. Klein and Tommy Brandabur scored about three minutes apart early in the second period to give the Skippers a 4-2 lead.
• BENILDE-ST. MARGARET'S 11, ROCHESTER CENTURY 0: T.J. Moore had a hat trick and Grant Besse had two goals and two assists to lead the Red Knights, ranked No. 4 in Class 2A, to a nonconference victory. Besse, who scored his 29th and 30th goals of the season, moved into fifth on the state's all-time goal-scoring list with his 144th and 145th career goals, surpassing Red Wing great Johnny Pohl. Dan Lobosky had five assists for the Red Knights.
• BRECK 8, ST. PAUL JOHNSON 0: Thomas Lindstrom scored three goals and Matt Colford contributed a goal and three assists to lead the Mustangs, ranked No. 3 in Class 1A, to the nonconference victory over the Governors.
• CENTENNIAL 8, ARMSTRONG 0: Hans Gorowsky scored three goals and Ryner Gorowsky had a goal and four assists to lead the Cougars, ranked No. 8 in Class 2A, to the Northwest Suburban Conference victory.
• TOTINO-GRACE 5, CHISAGO LAKES 4: Kai Barber had two goals and Derek Lodermeier had a goal and two assists to help the Eagles, ranked No. 4 in Class 1A, rally for the victory over the Wildcats. Totino-Grace trailed 4-2 early in the third period before Carter Roo, Barber and Lodermeier scored in a six-minute span to give the Eagles the lead. Totino-Grace outshot the Wildcats 52-28.
More from Sports
Logan Morrison had three hits, including a two-run double as part of Seattle's six-run third inning, and the Mariners held off the Oakland Athletics 11-8 on Friday night.
Justin Ruggiano and Adrian Gonzalez hit two-run homers and Chase Utley added a solo blast in a five-run sixth inning as the Los Angeles Dodgers hit five homers in an 8-4 win over the San Diego Padres on Friday night.
Jeremy McNichols rushed for 89 yards and two first-half touchdowns, and No. 23 Boise State withstood a second half filled with special teams mistakes for a 16-13 victory over Washington on Friday night in Chris Petersen's return to the school he helped grow into a national power.
A parade of Astros touched home after the Twins were refused a run in the first inning in the first game of a critical road trip.
After a dismal August, Lynx are having fun again.