• APPLE VALLEY 73, BURNSVILLE 44: Dennis Austin scored 16 points and Harry Sonie 14 to lead the Eagles, ranked No. 2 in Class 4A, to the victory. Freshman Brock Bertram added 10 points and 13 rebounds for Apple Valley. Star point guard Tyus Jones did not play for Apple Valley, but it was unclear why. Zach Smith scored 24 points for the Blaze.
• DELASALLE 89, BRECK 67: Junior Reid Travis scored 47 points to lead the Islanders, ranked No. 1 in Class 3A, to the Tri-Metro Conference victory. Tilyn Hollis scored 30 points for Breck.
• EDINA 74, ST. PAUL CENTRAL 43: Reggie Lynch, a 6-9 senior, blocked 15 shots to pace a strong defensive effort by the Hornets.
• PARK CENTER 85, BLAINE 65: Quinton Hooker scored 24 points to lead the Pirates, ranked No. 1 in Class 4A, to the conference victory.
• WEST LUTHERAN 70, LEGACY CHRISTIAN 42: Senior Dustin Barth scored 23 points to surpass 1,000-career points and highlight the Warriors' victory.
More from Star Tribune
More from Sports
Adrian Peterson rushed for 158 yards and two touchdowns and the Vikings defense was stellar all afternoon in during a 20-10 victory in Atlanta.
Kemba Walker scored 22 points, and the Charlotte Hornets overcame the loss of center Al Jefferson to hold off the Milwaukee Bucks 87-82 on Sunday.
Alex Smith threw for 255 yards and two touchdowns, Spencer Ware ran for 114 yards and a score, and the Kansas City Chiefs beat the Buffalo Bills 30-22 on Sunday in a matchup of teams in the AFC wildcard race.
For all of their deficiencies and inconsistency, Jay Gruden's Washington Redskins are right there at the top of the NFC East.
Rutgers fired football coach Kyle Flood and athletic director Julie Hermann on Sunday, stripping the athletic department of its most prominent employees after a season that was a failure on and off the field.