• APPLE VALLEY 73, BURNSVILLE 44: Dennis Austin scored 16 points and Harry Sonie 14 to lead the Eagles, ranked No. 2 in Class 4A, to the victory. Freshman Brock Bertram added 10 points and 13 rebounds for Apple Valley. Star point guard Tyus Jones did not play for Apple Valley, but it was unclear why. Zach Smith scored 24 points for the Blaze.
• DELASALLE 89, BRECK 67: Junior Reid Travis scored 47 points to lead the Islanders, ranked No. 1 in Class 3A, to the Tri-Metro Conference victory. Tilyn Hollis scored 30 points for Breck.
• EDINA 74, ST. PAUL CENTRAL 43: Reggie Lynch, a 6-9 senior, blocked 15 shots to pace a strong defensive effort by the Hornets.
• PARK CENTER 85, BLAINE 65: Quinton Hooker scored 24 points to lead the Pirates, ranked No. 1 in Class 4A, to the conference victory.
• WEST LUTHERAN 70, LEGACY CHRISTIAN 42: Senior Dustin Barth scored 23 points to surpass 1,000-career points and highlight the Warriors' victory.
More from Star Tribune
More From Sports
The cloud of steroids hovers above Hall of Fame voting, much like it shrouded baseball in the 1990s and early 2000s.
Plenty of free agents are available as the Twins continue to work on their roster before pitchers and catchers report on Feb. 14.
The Nashville Predators have claimed defenseman Brad Hunt off waivers from the St. Louis Blues.
Stuck in last place in the Eastern Conference, the New York Islanders fired coach Jack Capuano on Tuesday, ending one of the longest tenures in…
Creighton point guard and national assists leader Maurice Watson Jr. will miss the rest of the season because of a major knee injury, a huge blow for a team that is off to its best start and has hopes of making a deep postseason run.