• APPLE VALLEY 73, BURNSVILLE 44: Dennis Austin scored 16 points and Harry Sonie 14 to lead the Eagles, ranked No. 2 in Class 4A, to the victory. Freshman Brock Bertram added 10 points and 13 rebounds for Apple Valley. Star point guard Tyus Jones did not play for Apple Valley, but it was unclear why. Zach Smith scored 24 points for the Blaze.
• DELASALLE 89, BRECK 67: Junior Reid Travis scored 47 points to lead the Islanders, ranked No. 1 in Class 3A, to the Tri-Metro Conference victory. Tilyn Hollis scored 30 points for Breck.
• EDINA 74, ST. PAUL CENTRAL 43: Reggie Lynch, a 6-9 senior, blocked 15 shots to pace a strong defensive effort by the Hornets.
• PARK CENTER 85, BLAINE 65: Quinton Hooker scored 24 points to lead the Pirates, ranked No. 1 in Class 4A, to the conference victory.
• WEST LUTHERAN 70, LEGACY CHRISTIAN 42: Senior Dustin Barth scored 23 points to surpass 1,000-career points and highlight the Warriors' victory.
Star Tribune Recommends
More From Sports
After the Twins came up empty time and again with runners in scoring position, Brian Dozier connected with two out in the eighth.
Former U.S. Sen. Jim Bunning, a Hall of Fame pitcher who parlayed his sports fame into a political career as an uncompromising advocate for conservative causes, has died. He was 85.
For Bernhard Langer, winning the Senior PGA Championship after several close calls would cap off a decade of dominance on the over-50 circuit. Vijay Singh is playing the event for the first time in his fifth year of eligibility and still wants to compete on the PGA Tour.
Tyler Danish worked around six walks while pitching five innings in his first major league win, and the Chicago White Sox beat the Detroit Tigers 3-0 on Saturday in the first game of a doubleheader.
Just back from the minors, Jharel Cotton totally knew what he was doing.