• CHAMPLIN PARK 75, SPRING LAKE PARK 72: An offensive rebound in the final seconds sealed the victory for the Rebels, giving them their 11th victory of the season. The Rebels led for much of the game, but couldn't pull away because of Spring Lake Park's outside shooting. Gary Cook finished with a game-high 25 points for the Panthers, who add a rare loss to their record. Brennan Witt led Champlin Park with 20 points.
• EASTVIEW 57, BLOOMINGTON KENNEDY 54: The Lightning relied on steady hands at the free-throw line in their slim victory over rival Kennedy. Junior guard Mark Dwyer had 18 points and Ben Oberfeld 16 for Eastview. Jumah'ri Turner led all scorers with 22 points for the Eagles.
• SOUTHWEST CHRISTIAN 55, MARANATHA CHRISTIAN 53: Southwest Christian treated their home crowd to an upset victory over Class 1A, No. 2 Maranatha Christian behind junior guard Luke Johanson's 16 points. Jeremiah Hanson had 14 points for the Mustangs, whose record drops to 14-2 after their first loss in MCAA play.
• BLOOMINGTON JEFFERSON 52, ROSEMOUNT 43: The Irish were down by only one point at halftime, but the Jaguars came out on top in this battle of South Suburban opponents. Matthew Rosen tallied 13 points for Jefferson, followed closely by Jacob Bodway's 12. Garrett Goetz scored 13 for Rosemount.
• HERITAGE CHRISTIAN ACADEMY 78, NEW LIFE ACADEMY 56: Five players scored in the double figures for Heritage, which continues to punish MCAA competition. Zach Weld led all scorers with 22 points. New Life's Conrad Engstrom had 14 points.
More from Star Tribune
More from Sports
Add Michael Phelps' name to the list of Americans who were less than amused by teammate Ryan Lochte's post-competition, early morning drunken antics at the Rio Olympics.
Jimmy Garoppolo and Jacoby Brissett were both in uniform as the Patriots went back to the practice field on Tuesday.
After firing the most successful football coach in the history of the program, LSU needs a home run hire.There should be no shortage of interest…
Neymar and Luis Suarez will lead the attack again when Barcelona visits Borussia Moenchengladbach in its first Champions League game since losing Lionel Messi to an injury.
Conor McGregor will try to become the first fighter to hold two UFC belts simultaneously on a night the sport makes a splashy entrance into the last U.S. state to legalize mixed martial arts.
Recommended For You
But will it matter?
It might have been the most watched political debate in history, and the emerging consensus is that Hillary Clinton prevailed over Donald Trump. But the record of post-debate polling suggests that a victory might not matter.
Just hours after his first presidential debate with Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump lashed out at the debate moderator, complained about his microphone and threatened to make Bill Clinton's marital infidelity a campaign issue.
In a relentlessly antagonistic debate, Clinton denounced Trump for keeping his business dealings secret and peddling a "racist lie" about Obama. He cast her as a "typical politician" as he sought to capitalize on Americans' frustration.
Longtime customers of Target's pharmacies are finding a change in pill bottle design hard to swallow.After CVS began operating Target's drugstores earlier this year, distraught…
Recommended For You
Sam Bradford has shown the ability to throw downfield but not always the willingness.
Sam Bradford gives the Vikings a starting-caliber quarterback for this season and an insurance policy in the event that Teddy Bridgewater is not ready to return in 2017.
Before Teddy Bridgewater went down because of a season-ending knee injury, the Vikings felt they would draft no higher than the late 20s next spring.
All three 2016 draft picks the Vikings cut this weekend were brought back: offensive lineman Willie Beavers, German wide receiver Moritz Bohringer and defensive end Stephen Weatherly.
Buxton homered in three of the four games vs. the White Sox and is 9-for-16 with six extra-base hits and has struck out only once since his return from Class AAA.