• CHAMPLIN PARK 75, SPRING LAKE PARK 72: An offensive rebound in the final seconds sealed the victory for the Rebels, giving them their 11th victory of the season. The Rebels led for much of the game, but couldn't pull away because of Spring Lake Park's outside shooting. Gary Cook finished with a game-high 25 points for the Panthers, who add a rare loss to their record. Brennan Witt led Champlin Park with 20 points.
• EASTVIEW 57, BLOOMINGTON KENNEDY 54: The Lightning relied on steady hands at the free-throw line in their slim victory over rival Kennedy. Junior guard Mark Dwyer had 18 points and Ben Oberfeld 16 for Eastview. Jumah'ri Turner led all scorers with 22 points for the Eagles.
• SOUTHWEST CHRISTIAN 55, MARANATHA CHRISTIAN 53: Southwest Christian treated their home crowd to an upset victory over Class 1A, No. 2 Maranatha Christian behind junior guard Luke Johanson's 16 points. Jeremiah Hanson had 14 points for the Mustangs, whose record drops to 14-2 after their first loss in MCAA play.
• BLOOMINGTON JEFFERSON 52, ROSEMOUNT 43: The Irish were down by only one point at halftime, but the Jaguars came out on top in this battle of South Suburban opponents. Matthew Rosen tallied 13 points for Jefferson, followed closely by Jacob Bodway's 12. Garrett Goetz scored 13 for Rosemount.
• HERITAGE CHRISTIAN ACADEMY 78, NEW LIFE ACADEMY 56: Five players scored in the double figures for Heritage, which continues to punish MCAA competition. Zach Weld led all scorers with 22 points. New Life's Conrad Engstrom had 14 points.
More from Star Tribune
More from Sports
BIG TEN POWER RANKINGS1. Ohio State (5-0, 1-0): Fourteen first-half rushing yards vs. Indiana, but then Ezekiel Elliott dashed for 55, 65 and 75.2. Michigan…
The Gophers will have eight starters out with injuries for Saturday’s football game at Purdue, coach Jerry Kill told KFAN (100.3-FM) on Thursday.
Chris Thorburn and Nicolas Petan scored in the third period after Boston came within one goal, and the Winnipeg Jets opened the season with a 6-2 victory over the Bruins on Thursday night.
Scottie Wilbekin made a 3-pointer with 1.3 seconds left to lift the Philadelphia 76ers to 115-114 preseason win over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Thursday night.
Kyle Turris scored twice and the Ottawa Senators won a coach's challenge to overturn a goal by Buffalo in the third period to hang on for a 3-1 victory over the Sabres in the teams' season opener on Thursday night.