Ticket sales for the opening weekend of Minnesota Fringe Festival were almost exactly the same as last year, said Fringe officials Monday.
In the first four days of the Festial, the Fringe issued 17,700 tickets to 347 performances, compared to 17,780 tickets to 384 performances in 2013.
“Last year, we had more performances during the opening weekend, but we have almost identical ticket sales this year," said Executive Director Jeff Larson, "which means our average house size is larger this year.”
There were several sold-out shows over the weekend, including:
- “The History of Minnesota – Unscripted” presented by The Theater of Public Policy
- “The Finkles' Theater Show!!!” presented by Ryan Lear and Rachel Petrie
- “Top Gun: The Musical” presented by Rooftop Theatre Company
- “Pretty People Suck (And Other Indisputable Fact about the Universe)” presented by Arc Stages Satellite
- “Crime and Punishment” presented by Live Action Set (3 performances)
- “Into the Unreal City” presented by Catalog Models (4 performances)
- “Native Man the Musical” presented by New Native Theatre
- “The Sex (Ed) Show” presented by V as in Victor (3 performances)
- “It Only Takes One: A New Musical” presented by World Tree Theatre
- “Slut Club” presented by Showers in the Dark Productions
- “Macaroni On A Hotdog” presented by Snapdragon Theatre
The 2014 Minnesota Fringe continues through Aug. 10. A full schedule of the festival’s 169-show lineup and links to buy tickets can be found at fringefestival.org.