The agreement between Canterbury Park and the Mdewakanton Sioux, the owners of Mystic Lake Casino, has the tribe funnel $75 million to racing purses in exchange for the track abandoning its push for legislation to place slot machines at the horse racing track. But the 24-page deal also gives the tribe a large presence at the track. Among the highlights:
• Tribe gets naming rights to winner's circle, and naming rights option for track's music stage.
• Tribe is consultant on racing schedule.
• Tribe gets at least 25 electronic messages daily at track promoting Mystic Lake.
• Mystic Lake handles all media buying under agreement, and Mystic Lake hotel logo appears on Canterbury Park advertising.
• Daily race program back cover to include Sioux-Canterbury Park joint marketing message.
• Mystic Lake to maintain "dominant" signage at grandstand exit and entry.