Maroon and Gold Barbers
A look at the Barber family and their influence on Gophers football:
Running back, 1977-80
• Rushed for 3,094 yards, sixth in school history.
• Ranks third in school history with 34 rushing touchdowns.
• Second-round draft pick of the New York Jets in 1981.
• Played for Jets from 1982-88, rushing 74 times for 317 yards and three TDs.
Marion Barber III
Running back, 2001-04
• Rushed for 3,276 yards, fourth in school history.
• Ranks second in school history with 35 rushing TDs.
• Fourth-round pick of the Dallas Cowboys in 2005.
• Played six years for Cowboys, one for Chicago Bears, rushing 1,156 times for 4,780 yards and 53 TDs.
• Finished with 191 tackles in his career, including 100 in his senior year.
• Intercepted four passes and returned one for a TD in his junior year.
• Sixth-round pick by the Houston Texans in 2008.
• Played 39 games, seven starts, in four years with Texans and had one career interception.
• Sophomore has started all eight games, leads Big Ten in solo tackles (50) and is tied for second in total tackles with 75.
• Got his first interception against Middle Tennessee.
• Made a career-high 16 tackles against Michigan State, and had two tackles for loss and recovered a fumble.