Developers awaiting Ford's request for bids have many issues with the St. Paul site to consider.
• The plant covers NEARLY 140 ACRES OF PRIME LAND in one of the area's most desirable urban neighborhoods.
• God isn't making any more LAND ON THE BLUFFS of the Mississippi.
• More than eight decades of manufacturing have polluted the site, and the EXTENT OF THE CONTAMINATION ISN'T CLEAR.
• TRANSPORTATION to the spot could be an issue.
• A labyrinth of UNDERGROUND TUNNELS could pose a challenge for redevelopment.
• It's UNCLEAR where demand for new residential, office and retail space will be in the future.