10 metro road/bridge projects for ’18
The Minnesota Department of Transportation will work on 253 projects totaling $1.1 billion, including:
1. Interstate 35W at I-94: Upgrade infrastructure, improve transit service on I-35W and Lake Street, and provide better access into the Lake Street business district. Bridge, ramp closures. May through fall 2021.
2. Hwy. 169, Belle Plaine: Repair/replace concrete pavement, construct new intersection, install cable median barrier between Jordan and Belle Plaine. Spring-fall 2018.
3. Hwy. 169, Champlin: Replace Elm Creek bridges, realign Hwy. 169 between the Mississippi River and E. Hayden Lake Road, construct pedestrian/bicycle underpass beneath Hwy. 169 at West River Road. Through fall 2018.
4. I-35W north metro split: Resurface 6 miles of interstate from south of I-35W split at Forest Lake to a half-mile north of Hwy. 8 and replace three bridges. Through October 2019.
5. I-35W, Minneapolis to Roseville: Resurface road between 4th Street SE. and County Road C. July to October.
6. I-35W, Burnsville and Bloomington: Reconstruct I-35W bridge over Minnesota River, replace pavement, add northbound lane. Work begins in July-November 2021.
7. Stillwater Lift Bridge: Transform into bicycle/pedestrian crossing. Through June 2019.
8. Interstate 494 bridge, Inver Grove Heights over Concord St./Hwy. 156: bridge work and addition of auxiliary lane. Through fall 2019.
9. Hwy. 149 /Smith Av., St. Paul: Bridge resurfacing through December 2018.
10. Hwy. 3, Inver Grove Heights: Reconstruct Hwy. 3 from Hwy. 149 to Ann Marie Trail. Spring 2018.