CREAMY CHICKEN AND BISCUIT BAKE
Note: Boursin cheese is a soft cheese, often flavored with garlic and herbs. A good substitute would be either the Alouette or Rondéle brand of soft cheese. From "The Best Simple Recipes," by the editors of America's Test Kitchen.
• 1 rotisserie chicken, skin discarded, meat shredded into bite-sized pieces (about 3 c.)
• 2 (5.2-oz.) pkg. Boursin cheese, crumbled (see Note)
• 11/4 c. heavy cream, divided
• 11/4 c. low-sodium chicken broth, divided
• Salt and pepper
• 4 green onions, sliced thin
• 1 c. frozen peas and carrots, thawed
• 2 c. flour
• 2 tsp. baking powder
• 1 c. shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 450 degrees.
Heat chicken, Boursin, 1/4 cup cream, 3/4 cup broth, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, green onions and vegetables in pot over medium heat, stirring often, until cheese is melted and mixture is heated through, about 5 minutes. Transfer to greased 9- by 13-inch baking dish.
Meanwhile, combine flour, baking powder, Cheddar, remaining cream, remaining broth, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in bowl.
Space heaping spoonfuls of batter (about 2 tablespoons each) about 1/2 inch apart over chicken mixture (you will have about 20 biscuits). Bake until biscuits are golden brown and filling is bubbling, about 20 minutes. Serve hot.