Three observations …
• Cleveland is on a nice roll for now, but the Indians are not sound defensively and that will cost them in the end.
• George Springer (pictured) is legit. He has tremendous bat speed and will hit for big power in a few years.
• Too bad Michael Cuddyer is back on the disabled list. Boy, the Rockies just can’t stay healthy.
... and two predictions
• Nick Burdi, the Twins’ second-round pick, will be in the majors next season. The righthanded reliever is motivated to prove he deserved to be a first-rounder.
• Boston will swing a big deal for an outfielder before the trade deadline. The Red Sox won’t just watch Toronto run away with the East.