Three observations ...
• The Dodgers are in a great spot. They can trade Andre Ethier or Carl Crawford — and eat salary — knowing their outfield depth won’t take much of a hit. And prospect Joc Pederson is not far away.
• It looks like the Pirates could use a spark, and that boost might come from outfield prospect Gregory Polanco.
• The Twins are in a tough spot with the struggling Mike Pelfrey. He needs to pitch his way through his problems, which is hard to do coming out of the bullpen.
... and two predictions
• The Cardinals will catch and pass the Brewers for first place in the NL Central by the end of May.
• The Twins will go 14-15 in May.