The St. Paul Fire Department has identified the man who died in an apartment fire on his 57th birthday as William Clepper
Clepper died from burns after his clothes caught fire from the stove in his apartment in the 1600 block of Hamline Av. North. He was identified late Wednesday.
Crews responded to the fire just before 3 p.m. Tuesday. Other units in the building weren’t damaged and remain habitable.
Clepper was the second St. Paul fire fatality in a week, doubling the city’s annual total to four.
On Sunday, a 38-year-old man who went by the single name of Guntoro died in a fire at a home in the 700 block of Lexington Parkway N. after he started a fire while smoking in bed.