The St. Paul City Council on Wednesday approved a preliminary list of capital project priorities for which it will seek bonding during the 2014 legislative session.
First on the list is $14 million for the Minnesota Children's Museum, for a planned $28 million expansion. Two previous bonding requests have failed to make the cut.
Next on the list, in order:
• Como Park access and circulation improvements, $8.9 million
• Palace Theater renovations, $6 million
• Twin Cities Public Television renovations, $9 million
• Regional public safety facility, $6.5 million;
• Great River Passage recreation and environmental education center pre-design and planning, $1.56 million
• Como Zoo seals and sea lions exhibit upgrades, $13.83 million.
Council President Kathy Lantry was the only one to vote against the list because she said the Palace Theater had not been subjected to enough scrutiny.