The Wild set its season ticket prices for next season, and there is an average increase of 4.5 percent.
“We’re continuing to provide an improved product, and along with that sometimes comes a price increase,” COO Matt Majka said.
Per-game prices for season ticket packages range from $23 to $92.
Majka said the average price of NHL ticket increased 12 percent over the past three years when Wild season ticket prices have remained the same.
Prices for single-game tickets will be revealed in August.
Lynx’s roster set
The Lynx cut free agent Shawnice Wilson, a 6-6 center from Miami (Fla.) on Thursday, bringing the team’s roster to the regular-season 11-player limit.
Making the team were three rookies, guards Lindsey Moore (the 12th overall draft pick) from Nebraska and Sugar Rodgers (14th) from Georgetown and forward Rachel Jarry of Australia. A fourth new player is center Janel McCarville, acquired in an offseason trade.
U Hall of Fame adds 10
Nine former Gopher athletes and a present coach will be inducted into the ‘M’ Club Hall of Fame on Oct. 24.
Among the members of the 2013 class are Jon Andresen (baseball), Jim Carter and Charlie Sanders (football), Natalie Darwitz and Krissy Wendell Pohl (women’s hockey), Rick Naumoff (men’s tennis), and Gary Wilson, a longtime women’s cross country and track and field retiring this spring.
Three other inductees — Loyd La Mois (men’s track), Louis Lick (men’s golf) and Larry Ross (men’s hockey) — are going into the Pioneers Division of the hall because they competed for the Gophers before 1950.
• Gophers freshman Wally Ellenson cleared 7 feet, 1 inch in the high jump to tie for seventh in the NCAA West Preliminary Championships in Austin, Tex., which advanced him to the national meet June 5-8 in Eugene, Ore.
• Hamline senior Becky Culp of Lino Lakes won the discus in the NCAA Division III track and field meet in LaCrosse, Wis. Her winning throw was a school record 154 feet, 7 inches.
• Laura Ryan of Elk River and Sarah McCrady of Eagan were named to the U.S. diving team that will compete at the World University Games from July 6-17 in Kazan, Russia. Ryan will be in the 3-meter individual and synchronized events, McCrady in the 10-meter synchronized event.
• Gophers freshman Wally Ellenson cleared 7-feet-1 in the high jump to tie for seventh in the NCAA West Preliminary Championships in Austin, Tex., wich advanced him to the national meet June 5-8 in Eugene, Ore.
• Kevin Cook, who built St. Olaf into an Alpine skiing power, has resigned.
• Brad Boyer had two hits and three RBI as the St. Paul Saints beat Sioux Falls 9-1 in the first game of a twinbill.