Baldwin gets big goal again
• MINNETONKA 3, WAYZATA 2: Sydney Baldwin played the role of heartbreaker in an overtime victory against Eden Prairie a week ago, and she reprised it Saturday against Wayzata. The senior defenseman, who signed with the Gophers last fall, broke a 2-2 tie with 56 seconds to play in the third period to give the Class 2A, No. 2 Skippers the Lake Conference win. It was her second goal of the game. Sophia Shaver had two points for the Class 2A, No. 4 Trojans, who were outshot 30-17.
• BURNSVILLE 3, LAKEVILLE NORTH 2: After two goals from Alexis Joyce that put the Panthers up 2-0, the Blaze responded with three consecutive goals for a South Suburban Conference upset. Lindsey Coleman and Briita Nelson each had two points for the Blaze.
• BENILDE-ST. MARGARET'S 4, TOTINO-GRACE 3 (OT): The Eagles scored three unanswered goals in the third period to force overtime against the heavily favored Red Knights, who outshot Totino-Grace 59-11. Benilde-St. Margaret's bounced back in the overtime period on Caitlin Reilly's game-winner at 7:13. Reilly and Kelly Pannek each had three points for the Red Knights, No. 3 in Class 2A. Logan Knip made 55 saves for the Eagles.
• BRECK 3, BLAKE 1: The Mustangs scored three unanswered goals and held on to upset the Class 1A, No. 2 Bears in a Tri-Metro Conference game. Kendall Williamson and Claire Mancheski each tallied two points for the Mustangs.
Osseo rallies in third period
• OSSEO 3, COON RAPIDS 1: The Cardinals held a one-goal lead for the first two periods, but a third period barrage from the Orioles secured the Northwest Suburban Conference victory. Mason Hautala scored twice for Osseo, which picked up just its third victory of the season.
DeLaSalle prevails in overtime
• DELASALLE 60, IOWA CITY WEST 54 (OT): Playing without starters Geno Crandall and James Lawson — the Islanders overcame a five-point halftime deficit to beat Iowa City West in overtime. Reid Travis tallied 15 points for the Islanders. Wyatt Lohaus — son of former Timberwolves power forward Brad Lohaus — scored 23 points for the Trojans.
Dreier notches 800th victory
• NEW LONDON-SPICER 59, PAYNESVILLE 42: Coach Mike Dreier got his 800th career victory as the Wildcats topped the visiting Bulldogs. Dreier is the all-time winningest coach in Minnesota girls' basketball history.
• NEW RICHLAND-HEG 87, WASHBURN 77: Gophers recruit Carlie Wagner scored 34 points as the Class 2A, No. 1 ranked Panthers topped the Millers. Iowa Hawkeye recruit Chase Coley had 49 points for Washburn.