• MICHIGAN 6, PENN STATE 2: The No. 6 Wolverines (16-3-4, 7-1-2 Big Ten) scored four unanswered goals in the third period to beat the Nittany Lions (16-7-3, 6-4) at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Cristoval Nieves got the tying goal at 2 minutes, 19 seconds of the third and Justin Selman got the winner at 10:50. Tyler Motte scored the last two goals, the final one on an empty-netter. Eamon McAdam made 43 saves for Penn State, Steve Racine 33 for Michigan.
• OHIO STATE 2, MICHIGAN STATE 1: Miguel Fidler and Mason Jobst scored second-period goals and Christian Frey stopped 28 shots as the host Buckeyes (8-14-2, 3-5-2-1) beat the Spartans (6-18-2, 2-8). Mackenzie MacEachern got Michigan State’s goal with 16 seconds left in the middle period. Michigan State won the first game of the series 4-2.
• WISCONSIN 5, ALASKA 2: First-line forwards Luke Kunin and Cameron Hughes each had a goal and an assist to lead the Badgers (6-12-6) over the Nanooks (7-15-4) in a nonconference game. With the scored tied 2-all, Jake Linhart got the winning goal for Wisconsin at 3:39 of the third period. It came 1:07 after Alaska’s second goal. Matt Jurusik had 30 saves for the Badgers, 16 in the opening period.
• NORTH DAKOTA 2, WESTERN MICHIGAN 1: Brock Boeser’s power-play goal at 17:48 of the second period broke a 1-1 as the No. 2 Fighting Hawks (22-3-3, 13-2-1-1 NCHC) beat the host Broncos (7-16-3, 4-11-1-1). It was his 18th goal of the season and third of the weekend. He had scored twice on Friday when UND won 2-0. Shane Gersich got the first North Dakota goal in the second game midway through the second period. Michael Rebry had the only goal for Western Michigan in between the two UND goals. Cam Johnson had 28 saves for the Fighting Hawks, Lukas Hafner 35 for the Broncos.
• MINNESOTA DULUTH 3, NORTHERN MICHIGAN 1: Tony Cameranesi and Parker Mackay scored in the first four minutes for the visiting Bulldogs (9-11-5) and Dominic Toninato got a goal in the 18th minute of the opening period as UMD beat the Wildcats (10-10-6) for a split in the nonconference series. Darren Nowick scored for Northern Michigan in the second period. Kasimir Kaskisuo had 19 saves for Minnesota Duluth.