• ST. CLOUD STATE 7, WESTERN MICHIGAN 3: The Huskies (20-5-1, 12-3-1) scored on their first four power-play opportunities in their second consecutive home rout of the Broncos (7-14-1, 4-9-1) on Saturday. St. Cloud State scored three goals in each of the first two periods. Joey Benik, Mikey Eyssimont, Jimmy Murray and Blake Winiecki all had a goal and an assist for St. Cloud State, while Kalle Kossila and Niklas Nevalainen each had three assists.
• NORTH DAKOTA 5, COLORADO COLLEGE 1: Bryn Chyzyk had a goal and two assists as the host Fighting Hawks (20-3-3, 11-2-1) kept pace with first-place St. Cloud State by beating the Tigers (5-18-1, 3-10-1). Mike Gornall broke a scoreless tie with a goal 10:12 into the second period, and Austin Poganski made it 2-0 68 seconds later.
• DENVER 2, MINNESOTA DULUTH 1: Evan Cowley made 34 saves to make two first-period goals hold up as the host Pioneers (12-7-5, 8-4-2) swept the Bulldogs (8-10-5, 5-8-3). Danton Heinen and Dylan Gambrell scored for Denver, which is on an eight-game unbeaten streak. Matt McNeely made 27 saves in his first start of the season for UMD.
• OHIO STATE 5, PENN STATE 1: Craig Dalrymple scored 3:30 into the game, Nick Schilkey added a shorthanded goal and Christian Frey made 33 saves as the host Buckeyes (7-13-2, 2-4-2-1) beat the Nittany Lions (16-5-3, 6-2). Tyler Lundey had two assists for Ohio State.
• MICHIGAN STATE 3, U.S. UNDER-18 TEAM 2 (OT; EXHIB.): Thomas Ebbing scored on a power play 3:09 into overtime for the host Spartans. The Under-18 team forced OT when Joey Anderson, a Roseville native and Minnesota Duluth recruit, scored 6-on-5 with 44 seconds left in regulation.
• MINNESOTA STATE MANKATO 5, LAKE SUPERIOR STATE 1: Jordan Nelson scored a shorthanded goal 47 seconds into the second period, sparking the host Mavericks (13-8-5, 12-3-5) to a sweep of the Lakers (9-15-4, 6-8-4). With C.J. Franklin in the penalty box, Lakers goalie Nick Kossoff played the puck behind the net and passed it right to Nelson, who scored easily. Franklin later scored two goals for Minnesota State.
• FERRIS STATE 1, BEMIDJI STATE 1: Charlie O’Connor scored the tying goal with 5:48 to play and Michael Bitzer made 29 saves as the host Beavers (10-10-5, 7-9-4) played to a tie with the Bulldogs (11-9-6, 9-7-4).