UND wins in OT
• NORTH DAKOTA 4, MIAMI (OHIO) 3: Luke Johnson's goal at 1:23 into overtime gave No. 3 UND (9-1-2, 4-0 NCHC) a home win over the No. 17 RedHawks (5-6-1, 2-4). Nick Schmaltz scored unassisted with 1:34 left in the third period — and North Dakota's goalie pulled to tie the score at 3-all. Brock Boeser and Rhett Gardner had the other goals for UND, which outshot Miami 36-14.
• ST. CLOUD STATE 11, WESTERN MICHIGAN 1: Joey Benik scored four goals and had five assists Murray as the No. 9 Huskies (8-2, 4-0) routed the host Broncos (4-6-1, 2-4). David Morley, his linemate, had one goal and four assists for a five-point night.
• MINNESOTA DULUTH 1, DENVER 1: Although this game officially counts as a tie, Tony Cameranesi's second goal of the game, at 2:45 of the 3-on-3 second overtime, gave the No. 13 Bulldogs (3-5-2, 0-3-1) an extra second point in the standings while No. 8 Pioneers (6-3, 3-0-1) got just one point at Amsoil Arena. Pioneers goalie Tanner Jaillet made 51 saves, Kasimir Kaskisuo of UMD 19.
• OHIO STATE 6, CANISIUS 4: Matthew Weis, David Gust and Nick Schilkey each had a goal and two assists as the Buckeyes (3-7) swept the Golden Griffins (2-7) in Columbus. OSU, which won the first game 4-1, scored three power-play goals in taking a 5-1 lead through two periods.
• PENN STATE 3, SACRED HEART 2: Chase Berger scored twice and Tommy Olczyk got the winner in the middle of the third period as the Nittany Lions (6-2-2) swept the visiting Pioneers (5-5-1). Penn State won the first game 8-2.
• BEMIDJI STATE 6, ALASKA 3: The Beavers (2-5-2, 1-4-1) scored four goals in the third period to get their first conference win, beating the visiting Nanooks (4-6, 2-4). Markus Gerbrandt got the game-winner on a power-play at 4:18 of the third. It put Bemidji State ahead 4-2. Leo Fitzgerald and Kyle Bauman got the final two BSU goals, also on power plays.