North Dakota gets chippy series split
• NORTH DAKOTA 5, MINNESOTA DULUTH 2: Brendan O’Donnell scored a goal in each period Saturday night and top-ranked North Dakota earned a NCHC series split with the No. 7 Bulldogs in a penalty-filled game in Grand Forks, N.D. The teams combined for 24 penalties for 64 minutes. UMD outshot North Dakota 43-33, but Zane McIntyre made a career-high 41 saves for UND (14-5-2, 7-4-1 NCHC). Willie Raskob had a goal and an assist for the Bulldogs (13-7, 8-4).
• ST. CLOUD STATE 3, MIAMI (OHIO) 2: Jonny Brodzinski and Joe Rehkamp each had a goal and an assist, Rasmus Reijola made 17 saves for his first victory of the season and the host Huskies (9-10-1, 4-5-1 NCHC) completed a series sweep of the RedHawks (14-8, 7-5).
• PENN STATE 4, OHIO STATE 1: Former Blaine High School athlete Eric Scheid had two goals and an assist and Eamon McAdam made 35 saves as the host Nittany Lions (10-7-2, 4-2-0-0 Big Ten) ended a three-game losing streak by beating the Buckeyes (7-10-2, 2-3-0-0).
• BOSTON UNIVERSITY 6, WISCONSIN 1: Jack Eichel had two goals and two assists and the No. 2 Terriers (12-3-4) scored three goals in each of the final two periods against the host Badgers (2-12-2), who went 0-for-7 on the power play.
• MINNESOTA STATE MANKATO 3, LAKE SUPERIOR STATE 1: The host Mavericks (16-4-1, 13-2-1 WCHA) scored once in each period and Stephon Williams made 24 saves against the Lakers (4-19-1, 3-13).
• BEMIDJI STATE 4, ALABAMA HUNTSVILLE 0: Ruslan Pedan scored twice, John Parker had a goal and an assist and the host Beavers (7-10-3) shut out the Chargers (5-16-3). Michael Bitzer made 24 saves for the Beavers.