Penn State beats Michigan for first Big Ten win
• PENN STATE 4, MICHIGAN 0: The Nittany Lions (5-18-1, 1-9) got their first conference victory by beating the No. 10 Wolverines (14-7-3, 6-3-1-1) on Saturday in State College, Pa. Matthew Skoff made 32 saves for the shutout and got staked to a 3-0 lead in the first period. Zach Starr scored the first goal at 5:31 and David Glen and Casey Bailey made it 3-0 with goals less than two minutes apart in the middle of the period. After Bailey’s goal, Michigan coach Red Berenson pulled goalie Zach Nagelvoort. Steve Racine, his successor, made 30 saves.
• OHIO STATE 2, MICHIGAN STATE 2 (SO): For the second time in two days, the Buckeyes outshot the host Spartans badly, this time 50-32, but tied them and won the ensuing shootout. The hero this time was Nick Schilkey. Matt Johnson scored both goals for Ohio State (14-9-3, 4-5-3-2 Big Ten) in regulation. Greg Wolfe had two goals in the second period for Michigan State (8-13-6, 2-5-5-3). Jake Hildebrand had 48 saves for the Spartans.
• MINNESOTA DULUTH 2, COLORADO COLLEGE 1: Kyle Osterberg and Cal Decowski scored goals and Aaron Crandall stopped 31 shots as the No. 17 Bulldogs (13-9-4, 8-6-1-2 NCHC) beat the visiting Tigers (3-18-5, 3-9-4-1).
• OMAHA 6 NORTH DAKOTA 3: Josh Archibald of Brainerd, Minn., had a hat trick and an assist for the Mavericks (11-13-2, 8-6-2-1) in their victory over No. 16 UND (14-9-3, 9-7).
• ST. CLOUD STATE 4, DENVER 2: David Morley, Ethan Prow and Nic Dowd scored unanswered goals in the third period to lead the No. 6 Huskies (15-6-5, 9-4-3) over the No. 15 Pioneers (13-9-6, 7-6-3-2) in St. Cloud.
• MINNESOTA STATE MANKATO 3, BEMIDJI STATE 2: Sean Flanagan’s goal for the Mavericks (17-13, 15-7 WCHA) broke a 2-all with the Beavers (8-15-7, 8-10-4) in the middle of the third period.