SUN-DRIED GREEN TOMATO PESTO
Note: Adapted from "Sundays at Moosewood Restaurant."
• 3/4 c. packed sun-dried tomatoes
• 1 c. packed fresh parsley
• 3/4 c. pitted black olives
• 2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
• 1/2 c. pine nuts or walnuts
• 1/2 c. olive oil
Coarsely chop dried tomatoes, then pulverize them in a food processor. Add parsley and process until it is cut finely.
Add olives, garlic, nuts and olive oil, running processor until it's all puréed. Serve over pasta or green beans.
Pesto may be stored in the refrigerator for a week or two, or frozen. To freeze, do so in ice-cube trays and then bag the cubes to make ready-to-use portions for later use.