Prosciutto-Wrapped Salmon with Roasted Vegetables √
Note: From Meredith Deeds.
• 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-in. dice
• 1 red onion, peeled and cut into 1/2-in. dice
• 1 medium rutabaga, peeled, cut into 1/2-in. dice
• 1 fennel bulb, cut into 1/2-in. dice
• 2 tbsp. olive oil
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
• 4 (6 oz.) salmon fillets, skin removed
• 8 paper-thin slices of prosciutto
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, combine all the vegetables with the olive oil, salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Spread vegetables out onto a large baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile gently wrap each fillet with 2 slices of prosciutto.
After 30 minutes of cooking, remove vegetables from oven. Push the vegetables onto one side of the baking sheet and place the salmon fillets on the other. Return to oven and continue to cook for 10 minutes or until the salmon is just cooked through.
Transfer the fish and vegetables to serving plates. Serve hot.
Nutrition information per serving:
Calories 410 Fat 21 g Sodium 603 mg
Carbohydrates 18 g Saturated fat 4 g Calcium 108 mg
Protein 38 g Cholesterol 93 mg Dietary fiber 6 g
Diabetic exchanges per serving: 1 bread/starch, 4 lean meat, 1 high-fat meat.