Honey Glazed Carrots With Cumin and Mint
Note: These carrots are honey-kissed, sparked with cumin and backyard mint. From Beth Dooley.
• 1 1/2 lb. small carrots or larger carrots, peeled, quartered and cut into 3-in. slices
• 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
• Juice of 1 lime
• 1 tbsp. honey, or more to taste
• 1 tsp. cumin seeds, crushed
• Pinch red pepper flakes, or to taste
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 1 to 2 tsp. chopped fresh mint, to taste, for garnish
In a large heavy skillet set over medium-high heat, sauté the carrots in oil, turning until softened and slightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the lime juice to taste, cover, lower the heat and continue cooking until the carrots are just tender, another 5 minutes.
Remove the lid, drizzle in the honey, stir to coat the carrots, and toss in the cumin, red pepper and the salt and pepper to taste. Cook another minute or two until the carrots are nicely glazed. Serve with mint sprinkled on top.
Nutrition information per serving:
Calories 110 Fat 4 g Sodium 110 mg
Carbohydrates 20 g Saturated fat 1 g Total sugars 12 g
Protein 2 g Cholesterol 0 mg Dietary fiber 4 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 ½ carb, 1 fat.