Here’s a little grab bag of what’s been going on in the last week:
- The Gophers offered power forward Ben Moore last Wednesday, according to Cavan Walsh from hoops247.com. Moore is an athletic big man who has gotten offers from a slew of schools including Missouri, Illinois and Colorado State. Moore will visit Illinois State this weekend. In an interview with Rivals’ Armen Williams, Moore – who has taken two officials and scheduled two others – said he was deciding between Illinois and Minnesota, his two most recent offers, for his fifth visit (recruits only get five total). Moore's coach, Rob Brost said in an email today that Moore had narrowed his list to: SMU, Colorado St., Illinois and Missouri.
- JUCO forward Daniel Edozie visited the University of Minnesota this weekend.
- Other weekend trips: recruit Alex Foster (Chicago), who visited the U two weekends ago, was at Southern Methodist. Edina’s Graham Woodward was at Penn State.
- According to recruitslist.com, DeLaSalle’s Reid Travis (2014) was unofficially visiting at Iowa and saw the Hawkeyes' football win over the Gophers, and teammate Jarvis Johnson (2015) was at Iowa State. James reported DeLaSalle’s Sacar Amin (2015) was also at Iowa. According to Cody Westerlund, a writer for the Ames Tribune, Jarvis’ sister, Tyseanna Johnson, who was visiting with him, verbally committed to the women’s team.
- Nigel Hayes (Toledo), who visited Minnesota two weekends ago, was at Stanford this past weekend, which he said, in a text, was “great” but that he wasn’t ready to make any decisions. If you’re not following him on Twitter (@NIGEL_HAYES), he’s a very avid tweeter. If you have any questions about his trip, you can likely find your answer in a picture on his feed. Hayes will be at Ohio State, his last official visit, next weekend.
- According to Rivals’ Ryan James, Woodward added Miami (Ohio) to his “ever expanding” list of offers from schools. James said Butler’s Brad Stevens was at Edina to visit on Monday. Woodward does not have an offer from Minnesota right now, but they have shown interest.
More from Star Tribune
More From Gold in the Barn
Gophers basketball coach Richard Pitino talked Sunday on the radio about center Reggie Lynch and talented freshmen Amir Coffey and Eric Curry.
For the third time in four Big Ten losses, the Gophers men's basketball team fails to make the game-winning play on final possession
The Gophers men's basketball team's game Saturday against Wisconsin will be played in front of an announced crowd of 14,625 fans at the Barn
The Gophers men's basketball team needs an offensive spark Saturday against No. 17 Wisconsin
Decision time for four-star Cretin-Derham Hall junior Daniel Oturu is coming a day earlier than first planned.