Here’s a little grab bag of what’s been going on in the last week:
- The Gophers offered power forward Ben Moore last Wednesday, according to Cavan Walsh from hoops247.com. Moore is an athletic big man who has gotten offers from a slew of schools including Missouri, Illinois and Colorado State. Moore will visit Illinois State this weekend. In an interview with Rivals’ Armen Williams, Moore – who has taken two officials and scheduled two others – said he was deciding between Illinois and Minnesota, his two most recent offers, for his fifth visit (recruits only get five total). Moore's coach, Rob Brost said in an email today that Moore had narrowed his list to: SMU, Colorado St., Illinois and Missouri.
- JUCO forward Daniel Edozie visited the University of Minnesota this weekend.
- Other weekend trips: recruit Alex Foster (Chicago), who visited the U two weekends ago, was at Southern Methodist. Edina’s Graham Woodward was at Penn State.
- According to recruitslist.com, DeLaSalle’s Reid Travis (2014) was unofficially visiting at Iowa and saw the Hawkeyes' football win over the Gophers, and teammate Jarvis Johnson (2015) was at Iowa State. James reported DeLaSalle’s Sacar Amin (2015) was also at Iowa. According to Cody Westerlund, a writer for the Ames Tribune, Jarvis’ sister, Tyseanna Johnson, who was visiting with him, verbally committed to the women’s team.
- Nigel Hayes (Toledo), who visited Minnesota two weekends ago, was at Stanford this past weekend, which he said, in a text, was “great” but that he wasn’t ready to make any decisions. If you’re not following him on Twitter (@NIGEL_HAYES), he’s a very avid tweeter. If you have any questions about his trip, you can likely find your answer in a picture on his feed. Hayes will be at Ohio State, his last official visit, next weekend.
- According to Rivals’ Ryan James, Woodward added Miami (Ohio) to his “ever expanding” list of offers from schools. James said Butler’s Brad Stevens was at Edina to visit on Monday. Woodward does not have an offer from Minnesota right now, but they have shown interest.
More from Gold in the Barn
Thanks to everyone who has reached out with their support.
The Gophers will face Temple in the first round. In the second round, the Gophers would either face Butler or Missouri State
When November rolls around, there will be plenty to discover about this University of Minnesota men’s basketball team.
The Gophers coach, in his first meeting with the media since last season, discussed the medical redshirt and more as the team prepares to leave for Spain next week.
Extra notes on each family member -- read the full story in today's paper.